It is easier than ever to start an online dropshipping store and Obor Desk just made it even easier by creating our very own plug-in with WooCommerce!
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is an open-source plug-in that is available for WordPress users. In order to use WooCommerce, you must first build a website using WordPress, add the plug-in, and then insert your product listings.
You can use WooCommerce to sell items that your business makes and sells, or you can connect your store to a dropshipping app like Obor Desk. Our dropshipping app will allow you to select items that you want to have in your store and provide you with product photos, the details you need to write product descriptions, color and size options, and more.
How to Install the Obor Desk Plug-In
It’s very easy to install the Obor Desk WooCommerce plug-in. You can get started today and start listing products in just a few hours!
Here is a step-by-step guide for installing the Obor Desk plug-in:
- Create a WordPress website and download the WooCommerce plug-in.
- Create an Obor Desk account.
- Sign into your Obor Desk account and navigate to the Store Management tab. You will see that you can connect a Shopify store, a WooCommerce store, or an offline store.
- Select “Connect New WooCommerce Store.”
- Paste your WooCommerce store URL.
- You will be redirected to WooCommerce. Log into your WooCommerce Account and follow the steps they provide.
- Once you follow all of the steps, a confirmation page will appear to show that you have successfully linked your WooCommerce store and the Obor Desk plug-in.
How Does Dropshipping work?
Tips for Using WooCommerce for Dropshipping
Although dropshipping is one of the easiest ways to start an online store, you have to put in the effort it takes to get your products noticed by prospective buyers.
Here are a few tips for creating a dropshipping business with WooCommerce:
- Highlight “Featured Products” on your website’s homepage – This will bring visitors’ attention to your products before they even click on your Product Page.
- Create custom labels – WooCommerce allows you to put labels on your product listings that say things like “NEW” or “SALE.” Custom labels are a great way to get shoppers’ attention fast.
- Add zoom feature for product photos – Enable the zoom feature with the YITH WooCommerce Zoom Magnifier plug-in so shoppers can see the details of your products.
- Categories and subcategories – Many WooCommerce users make the mistake of leaving their products uncategorized. Putting your products in categories and subcategories will make them easier to find (which will increase your sales!)
- Product descriptions – Create unique product descriptions that excite your buyers and make your product sound irresistible.
There are many dropshipping plug-ins that you can connect to your WooCommerce store, but none have the services and features that Obor Desk offers. When you partner with Obor Desk, you will be able to take advantage of our local warehouses in the US, UK, and France, branded packaging, professional product photography, high-quality products, and more! Get started today.
July 5th, 2021